A couple of weeks ago we had a brand new tournament in Het Gymlokaal during ADE - a futsel tournament together with Resident Advisor for the charity Help Refugees. We liked this so much, that we’ll be organizing a monthly sporting event entitled De Sportdag. The first edition will take place on Saturday December 17 from 11:00 to 17:00 and we’ll be playing futsel just like last month!
The rules of the futsal edition of De Sportdag are:
- A team is made up of 5 persons (three field players, one goalkeeper and one substitute).
- Every team needs at least one woman in the field
- When the ball crosses the sideline, the ball is given to the opposite party.
- When the ball crosses the back line, the ball is automatically given to the goalkeeper.
- The ball can not go any higher than chestheight, tackles and/or shoulder chargers are not allowed.
How can you sign up your team?
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the names of your team members. Depending on the amount of applications, we’ll be selecting eight or sixteen for De Sportdag. The selected teams will be notified by us as soon as possible, The application team fee is €50 (which makes it 10 per person). This also includes for all team members to get a free hamburger or bowl of ramen in the café to keep you mates feed during the games.
We’ll be playing futsal on December 17, whereby the teams will be playing a poule system before moving on to the knock-out stages. For the January edition, we’ll be picking a new sport - so keep an eye on our blog and socials for more info in the upcoming time.